Sunday, December 01, 2013

Who am I to give?

If I give you, I lose something - what fun is that?
Who am I to give?

If you give me, you lose something - why should you be sad?
Who am I to take?


Perhaps I give to the less fortunate ones. "Less fortunate".
Who am I to judge?

There are always those more fortunate than me. Maybe I should expect from them.
Should I?

This giving is a business. Less about giving, and more about taking.
Taking karma points maybe. Looking down upon those who dont.
The currency changes, but the transaction stays the same.

Would I give if you did not give me a mention?
Would I give if you did not promise you a smile?
Would I give if you did not ask?
Would I give if I did not feel superior about the pain?

Perhaps I would if I had a lot.
Or thought I did. Or felt I did.
A lot more than I could take.
That when I give, I don't feel a pinch.
I have too much any way.
You don't even need to be less fortunate.
I have so much, that I don't care anyway. 

Perhaps I would if I felt your pain.
A lot more than I could take.
That when I give, I don't feel a pinch. but relief.
You have lost too much anyway.
Maybe there are more unfortunate than you. God bless them.
But I feel your pain. And right now, its about you.

The mind gives, the heart shares. 
You cannot give what you don't feel an abundance of.
If you try to, you can't let go. 
If you think, you are bound to lose.
What you really give is the feeling of loss.
A feeling of scarcity, sympathy - is that what it will be?
Then perhaps you deserve it more than they do. 

Or will it be of abundance - where your heart is free?
No strings attached.
Not because they need it. But because you need to share.
Not sharing would be a waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued!

StatCounter