Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Even small things come at a price...


The middle class family...mom and two kids came in next to me while i was stuffing my second round at the bhelpuri stall. One could see the typical childs gleam in their eyes at the sight of all the savories..happily struggling to make a choice..while their mom asked about the prices. "Bhaiyya..how much is the sev puri for?" "25 rupees" came the bland answer. "And pani puri?". "20 rupees". As the kids looked at her with expectant eyes, she simple looked at them, shook her head..and took them away. The prices were too high.
I was left with a lump in my throat. And also remembered the coffee i had two days ago at rs. 120. It was supposed to be superior coffee in a way i cld not understand. But truth be told, i did not care anyway abt the price. Until these kids forced me to think. I still am...n havent reached a conclusion. Wth..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are valued!

StatCounter